1. I registered our big kid for kindergarten today. So there’s that.
2. Jonathan has entered the eating-Cheerios stage. He’s quite adorable, and so proud of himself, when he manages to pinch his little fingers together in just the right way to bring a Cheerio to his mouth. It also means that we have entered the Cheerios-on-the-floor-and-in-every-crevice-of-the-house-and-car stage.
3. And then there’s this:
4. I accompanied Harper’s class on a field trip Monday morning. (One of the lovely perks of my job is that it’s really no big deal to take a weekday morning off. Now, weekends, that’s another story.) We went to a butterfly farm, where Monarch butterflies landed on our hands, shoulders, heads, clothes… It was delightful.
5. Rob and Harper have been reading the Narnia books together for the last couple of months. They are now in the middle of The Silver Chair.
6. This was a really dull post, unless, of course, you are the grandparent of one of the children featured here.